Developing innovative solutions for Migraine
Our plan is to approach migraine treatment differently.
- 1 in 7 people worldwide suffer with migraine.
- Less than 50% of these seek medical assistance.
- According to the World Health Organisation Migraine is the 3rd most common & 6th most disabling condition.
- 3% A&E visits for headache. 90% of these are non-life threatening.
- $1 billion spent each year in US on brain scans for headache sufferers.
Making an Impact Across the Globe
Our technology is being developed with a worldwide market in mind. Our goal is to improve lives of migraineurs by helping them take back control of their lives.
For clinicians globally valuable resources are being used unnecessarily for patients presenting with headache symptoms to emergency rooms, neurologists and doctor’s offices. Our technology will result in both a reduction in resources and costs involved.
1 in 7 people suffer from migraine. So, do you know who they are?
Migraine is the third most common disease in the world with an estimated global prevalence of 14.7% (that’s around 1 in 7 people) https://t.co/ZUDKESVuvd
#Migraine treatment varies from patient to patient. There is no universal method for managing migraine, so it’s important to team up with a medical professional like a headache specialist to determine the right plan for you. Find a doctor: https://t.co/sBb7Cr7A0u https://t.co/1VvaTzOfAs
Identifying and managing #migraine can be difficult for non-specialists. The learning library on the ihs website is a good source of #educational material for non #headachespecialists with videos on the primary #headaches #neurology #meded #medtwitter
Prof. Philip Lamey