Developing innovative solutions for Migraine
Our plan is to approach migraine treatment differently.
- 1 in 7 people worldwide suffer with migraine.
- Less than 50% of these seek medical assistance.
- According to the World Health Organisation Migraine is the 3rd most common & 6th most disabling condition.
- 3% A&E visits for headache. 90% of these are non-life threatening.
- $1 billion spent each year in US on brain scans for headache sufferers.
Making an Impact Across the Globe
Our technology is being developed with a worldwide market in mind. Our goal is to improve lives of migraineurs by helping them take back control of their lives.
For clinicians globally valuable resources are being used unnecessarily for patients presenting with headache symptoms to emergency rooms, neurologists and doctor’s offices. Our technology will result in both a reduction in resources and costs involved.
Migraine involves the nervous system, causing symptoms to arise in multiple areas of the body. The migraine brain is sensitive and overreacts to stimuli, making noise louder, scents stronger and pain more intense.
Learn more about the migraine brain: https://t.co/9KXC9ZvltP
#NVW2019 Once again, a big thanks to everyone who volunteers in support of MAI. If you're interested in volunteering with us, please contact us for a Volunteer Application form and return by email/post to our Regional Development Officer Lucy Browe-lucy @migraine.ie #whyivolunteer
Prof. Philip Lamey